Close to rivers, sea and two national parks.
Drive up the valley beneath the high peaks of the Kahurangi National Park towards where the Riwaka River gurgles out from within the marble mountain. Here you’ll find the highly regarded Resurgence – a luxury wilderness retreat perched above the valley floor, bathed in sunlight and surrounded by beautiful native and exotic forest.
Hosts, Clare and Peter, have created a special place where guests can stay in luxurious rooms in the main lodge or in individual chalets and bush lodges in the grounds. These are also beautifully appointed. Choose to dine at the big shared table d’hote or break out to one of the private dining spaces. Either way you will enjoy fabulous cuisine featuring local foods and wines.
This five star eco-friendly lodge is ideally suited for couples, especially those that enjoy outdoor experiences including hiking, mountain biking, sailing, kayaking and bird-watching. The Resurgence is close to the Kahurangi (mountain) and Abel Tasman (maritime) National Parks and is just a short drive from the many activities around the Nelson region and in nearby Golden Bay.
- there are 4 queen standard or superior ensuite rooms in the main lodge
- these can be booked for exclusive use by a group
- there are 6 stand-alone suites in the grounds near the main lodge with kitchen and BBQ facilities
- the 3 Bush Chalets and 3 Bush Lodges have super-king or twin beds, massage showers and large decks
- the Bush Lodges have polished timber floors, a fireplace and an enamel bathtub
- the slightly smaller Bush Chalets have luxury wool carpets and timber ceilings
The Main Lodge
- there is a large lounge with 2 seating areas that seat up to 20 people
- there’s also a spacious dining room seating 16 people and 2 private dining areas – 1 seating 2 people and 1 seating 8
- outdoor dining is also available
- there's a fenced saltwater pool and a spa in the garden
- and a small gym and separate yoga space
- mountain bikes, walking, table tennis and petanque are also on site
- Lodge rooms Dinner, B&B rate – superior $NZ 795.00, standard $NZ 745.00
- Bush Chalets Dinner, B&B rate – $NZ 895.00, self cater $NZ 695.00
- Bush Lodges Dinner, B&B rate – $NZ 995.00, self cater $NZ 795.00
- Dinner, B&B rate includes accommodation, aperitifs, a 4-course dinner and full breakfast for 2 people.
- self catering rate is for accommodation, with breakfast provisions provided
- minimum 2 night stay applies, but exceptions can be made for single night stays around Abel Tasman trips, etc. Email us for more info on this
- Babies (not walking) are welcome in the Bush Chalets; otherwise no children under 18 years please
- in addition to the on-site activities above there are 5kms of walking trails around the lodge property
- the resurgence of the Riwaka River (which the lodge is named after) is just along the road. Here the river flows out from within the huge marble mountain above, having travelled through myriad underground chambers and caverns before breaking free
- nearby Abel Tasman Park is a beautiful water playground with bush-clad islands, sandy beaches and a world-renowned hiking track around the coast. Visit by boat, kayak or walk in; head to Awaroa for lunch, swim with the seals or stop at Torrent Bay for a swim
- Kahurangi National Park and Golden Bay provide endless opportunities for hiking, bird-watching, ecology, mountain biking, scenic helicopter flights and horse treks