High above the Pacific Ocean.
A stay at the Lodge at Kauri Cliffs promises stunning cuisine, luxury accommodation, wide-ranging views and world-class golf. Perched on rolling farmland high above the breathtaking coastline of the Far North, it is a masterful vision of elegant design, memorable landscapes and superb hospitality.
The main lodge building evokes the beauty of Cape Cod design with wide verandahs, perky dormers, mullioned windows and solid supporting columns. Inside, the look is cool, calm country with a number of open fireplaces, shiny timber floors, classic furniture and a gentle Scandinavian palette. The 22 accommodation suites are arranged across a nearby hillside, two to a cottage, and the two-suite Owner’s Cottage has fantastic views across a private infinity pool to the sea beyond.
The 6,000 acre property is a large working farm, with farm tours available. Sport and beach fishing, quad biking, horse riding, bird watching, nature walks and beach barbecues are available during your stay and there are three private beaches along the Kauri Cliffs coastline. But the jewel in the crown here is the par 72 championship golf course with its clifftop holes, sensational views and challenging terrain.
- there are 22 suites in total, spread between 11 cottages overlooking the golf course and the coast, backed by verdant native forest
- the six 56 sq metre suites have a bedroom with lounge area combined and an open fire, ample bathroom with over-sized bath and a private porch balcony
- the 16 larger deluxe suites have more spacious bedroom and seating areas, with a total area of 70 sq metres each, including the generous bathrooms
- two of the deluxe suites can interconnect with a second smaller bedroom for extended family living or a nanny or caddy
- the Owner’s Cottage, with it’s fabulous views over the coast, has two accommodation suites, a large living-dining space, three open fireplaces, a full kitchen (with chef available), a smaller extra bedroom and a spacious covered terrace overlooking the infinity pool and out to the coast
The Main Lodge
- the main lodge has substantial interior spaces and large covered verandahs opening out to views of the coast and the golf course
- the entrance lobby opens to an elegant gallery and central hall before flowing through to the lounge and main verandah
- other reception rooms include the Green Room and the Tiger Room, both tastefully decorated in a classic style. Each, in turn, opens to a verandah
- the main dining room also opens to a private verandah with grand coastal views
the gourmet dining options are superb, led by Executive Chef, Barry Frith. Meals can be taken in the dining room or on any of the verandahs
- facilities at Kauri Cliffs include two astro-turf tennis courts, a fitness centre, hot tub, infinity pool and spa facility
- Includes, pre-dinner drinks with hors d’oeuvres, a la carte dinner, full breakfast, complimentary mini-bar including local beers (excludes liquor and wine) and use of all lodge facilities (excluding golf and spa treatments). Rates, excluding the
- Owner’s Cottage, are per person per night.
- Gentlemen are required to wear a jacket to dinner at Kauri Cliffs.
- new seasons rates are available soon
- Deluxe Suites:
- new seasons rates are available soon
- Family Suite – an extra bedroom can be booked with a Deluxe Suite
- Owner’s Cottage – POA
- Minimum 2 night stay applies 15 Dec to 31 Mar; holiday surcharges also apply 24 Dec to 3 Jan
- Cancellation fees may apply
- the par 72 championship golf course was designed and built by US-based David Harman.The 6510 metre (7119 yd) course has six holes played above dramatic coastal cliffs, another nine have ocean views and the remainder enjoy more sheltered farmland and forest settings
- there is also an excellent practice range, putting and chipping greens and a well stocked pro shop. Rental gear is also available
- the sport and coastal fishing in this area is also world-class with striped marlin, snapper, kahawai and kingfish all target species. Fishing can be beach or boat-based
- in addition to the tennis, fitness centre, swimming and spa facilities above there are many on and off-property activities to choose from
- other on-property activities include a farm tour, beach barbecues, surfing, bird-watching, mountain biking and hiking
- further afield there are excellent Maori cultural experiences, quad biking, helicopter flights, scuba diving, sailing and cruising