Nestled in a national park.
Flying in by helicopter is the only way to reach Minaret Station, unless you are a sheep maybe. This wonderfully isolated spot sits in an alpine valley high above Lake Wanaka, in the south of the South Island. It is pure wilderness.
Purpose-built and family-owned, Minaret Station is part of a large high country farm that drops from the skyline to the lake edge. It is big country where you can hike, fish, ski, mountain bike and hunt - all accessed by helicopter. Or just sit on the verandah of your chalet and watch the sun pass over the mountains around you. Accommodation is in free-standing luxury chalets, all comfortably appointed with NZ wool rugs on the floor and possum throws on the beds. Each chalet has a large dressing room, private verandah with hot tub, a warm seating area and sensational views.
Sit around the fireplace in the main lodge and mingle with other guests. Also in the main lodge, the cuisine served in the Mountain Kitchen is fresh, local and delicious. The chef offers fantastic local ingredients in a fusion style and the wine list is extensive. We can also arrange a day trip, where you fly in from Queenstown or Wanaka, enjoy a 5-star lunch, hike the walking trails nearby and enjoy the splendid isolation.
- the four free-standing luxury chalets each have a large bedroom, a separate dressing area, and a well-appointed ensuite
- all with commanding views across the remote alpine valley
- a sofa bed in the dressing area gives space for a third person
- the chalets are cosy with woollen sheepskin rugs, possum wool throws and a sunny aspect
- each chalet has a private hot tub on the deck to relax while overlooking the valley
- and unlimited wifi, a nespresso machine and complimentary mini bar
The Main Lodge
- the lounge, dining area, study/den and Mountain Kitchen share the main lodge area and are the heart of the lodge
- there’s a satellite TV in the study and wifi throughout the building
- a big open fire warms the space year round
- a full breakfast, lunch (picnic or seated), pre-dinner canapés and a 3-course gourmet dinner are included each day
- menus change daily to suit what is in-season and on-site
- chefs use the best of delicious local meats, fruits and the exceptional Otago wines
- the Mountain Kitchen is also available as a day venue, with helicopter transfers departing from Queenstown or Wanaka. The day can be spent at the lodge and around the farm. A three-course lunch with beverages is served in the middle of the day. Enquire about a Mountain Kitchen Lunch day trip.
Includes accommodation, full breakfast, lunch (lodge or packed), pre-dinner canapés, most alcoholic beverages and a 3 course gourmet dinner
- Luxury chalet per night – $NZ 2,450 for 2 people (king or twin share)
- extra adult is $NZ 550 per night
- return helicopter transfers from Wanaka – $NZ 1,950 per adult, $NZ 450 per child
- the Mountain Kitchen Lunch (including return helicopter transfers from Wanaka) – $NZ 1,290 per person
- the Mountain Kitchen Lunch (including return helicopter transfers from Wanaka) – $NZ 1,450 per person
- the wild vastness of Fiordland is within easy reach by helicopter, weather permitting, for hiking, mountain biking, hunting and skiing in some of the most massive landscapes in NZ
- these are all about helicopters - heli-hiking, heli-skiing, hili-biking, heli-hunting and heli-fishing
- Minaret Station offers access to world-class river fishing for brown and rainbow trout, and a short season of salmon fishing as well
- take a helicopter from the lodge to access vast mountain biking trails in the surrounding mountains, or spend a day hiking in the high country
- in winter the tops are snow-covered so heli-skiing is great option
- sea fishing is also available by helicopter to the fertile fishing grounds off the West Coast. Join a charter boat to catch bluenose, grouper, kahawai and blue cod