Overlooking the beautiful Bay of Islands.
The ultimate in New Zealand’s luxury accommodation scene, Eagles Nest is an elegant trail of sophisticated, contemporary villas strung across a Bay of Islands hillside like a string of jewels. Each villa is perfectly appointed, private and built to enjoy the commanding views of the bay with its 144 beautiful islands.
Accommodation is in five free-standing villas, ranging from a romantic getaway for two to a magnificent presidential villa, Rahimoana, which sleeps eight. No luxury has been spared – each villa has its own jacuzzi, large decks and fully equipped gourmet kitchen, and the four larger villas also have private infinity lap pools.
Just a few minutes’ drive from the small town of Russell, Eagles Nest is central to all that the Bay of Islands has to offer – fishing, scenic cruises, horse trekking, diving, golf, sky-diving and para-sailing.
And there is plenty of fishing – this area is one of New Zealand’s premium game fishing playgrounds and the stories are legendary. Saltwater fly fishing, big game and deep sea fishing are all available with some of the country’s best skippers to get you out to all the fun.
- First Light Villa is a romantic getaway for two and, like all the other villas, has its own hot tub, home cinema system, a large deck with barbecue and fabulous views. It has one bedroom, two bathrooms and an indoor/outdoor fire
- The Eyrie sleeps six in three bedrooms, all on one level. It sits high up, surrounded by native bush. The 18 metre infinity pool, hot tub, fireplace and stunning views create a strong impact
- Eagle Spirit Villa also sleeps up to six in three bedrooms, each with its own ensuite bathroom. Its very contemporary styling allows the villa to open out to the expansive view, helping bring the outdoors in. It also has an 18 metre infinity pool and hot tub
- Sacred Space Villa sleeps eight people in four bedrooms, three with ensuite bathroom. The main bedroom is upstairs, with walk-in wardrobes and a full bathroom. The villa has an additional bathroom, 20 metre infinity pool, hot tub and stunning vaulted ceilings. It also has a 20 metre infinity pool
- Rahimoana, the ultimate Eagles Nest villa, sleeps up to eight people in four gorgeous bedrooms, each with ensuite. The 25 metre lap pool, hot tub, gym, infra-red sauna, bespoke artworks and 100″ screen home cinema system provide all the entertainment you could need. Not to mention the huge views, four additional bathrooms and private beach. Your own chef will cook a gourmet meal for you each day, and a Porsche Cayenne is available for villa guests’ use
- all the villas have wi-fi, fully equipped kitchens, large decks and home cinema systems
The Main Lodge
- villa guests enjoy their own private spaces so shared lodge facilities are minimal
- breakfast provisions are included in the villa rate and extras such as a personal chef, catering, personal trainer, butler, in-villa spa treatments and kitchen provisioning are available for an extra charge
- Rahimoana has additional inclusions such as a chef-prepared meal each day and a personal concierge if required
- breakfast provisions and a fruit platter are included in each accommodation each day
- the small town of Russell is a short drive away and offers several good restaurants and a chance to visit local galleries and historic places like Pompallier House
- rates are per villa per night with inclusions as above, inclusive of GST
- low, shoulder and high season rates are shown
- package prices available for 3 nights or more in the Sacred Space Villa and Rahimoana
- First Light – sleeps 2 – Low $NZ 1,295.00, Shoulder $NZ 1,795.00, High $NZ 2,295.00
- Eyrie Villa – sleeps up to 6 – Low $NZ 1,835.00, Shoulder $NZ 2,395.00, High $NZ 2,995.00
- Eagle Spirit Villa – sleeps up to 6 – Low $NZ 1,835.00, Shoulder $NZ 2,395.00, High $NZ 2,995.00
- Sacred Space Villa – sleeps up to 8 – Low $ NZ2,595.00, Shoulder $NZ 3,495.00, High $NZ 3,995.00
- Rahimoana – sleeps up to 8 – Low $NZ 9,995.00, Shoulder $NZ 9,995.00, High $NZ 12,995.00
- Eagles Nest is close to scenic cruises in the Bay of Islands area and guided road trips to special spots like Cape Reinga and the kauri forests on Northland
- Maori cultural tours will give you an excellent insight into the local indigenous community and history. Waitangi is a special area
- there is also golf and horse-riding available nearby as well
- the lodge has many luxury fishing charter options available for guests to join
- the area is famous for its game fishing with species like marlin, tuna, mahimahi and yellowtail kingfish in the local waters
- other deep sea fishing options are varied with snapper and hapuku as prime target species
- there is excellent boat and shore based saltwater fly fishing available for snapper, kahawai and kingfish